Grilled, Thick Cut, Peppered Bacon is even tastier than bacon cooked normally! The smokey goodness of grilling, added to the fatty goodness of bacon is a tastebud delight! :)
- bacon is diabetic friendly!
- bacon is tastebud friendly!
- grilled bacon … oh my goodness!
Fatty meats are the cornerstone of my diabetes diet. When you think of fatty meat, the first food I think of is bacon! … but grilled bacon?
But grilled bacon? YES! With the proper preparation, grilling bacon is simple and easy! The only negative is watching (and hearing) all of the delicious fat drip onto the coals.
Steps to Grilling BACON!
1. Grill Prep – First, I always use a wire brush and a little Olive Oil to clean the grill. I mainly do this to make sure the meats or veggies do not stick to the grill. The picture below is not the best… but hopefully you can see the grill is well ‘oiled’.
EVEN though bacon has plenty of fat… I wanted this to turn out perfectly so I took extra precaution.
2. Place the bacon on the grill …. I hope you are WRITING THIS DOWN!! :))
3. GRILL ON LOW FLAME!! … NOT ONLY did I grill this on THE lowest setting …
Pro Tip: I also turned down the gas flow from the tank until it was a very small flame. Even still there was one major flare up. Nothing to call the Fired Department about. :)
Point Being: Set the flame low, and keep an eye on it….Not literally that would be PAINFUL! :)
Do it right and you’ll be rewarded with THE best tasting BACON … ever!!!
The smokey flavor from the grill…. OMG GOOD!!!!
4. More Pics… so beautiful… I’m IN LOVE!! :)
Mmmm tasty peppered grilled bacon.
In a properly seasoned grill (I don’t de-grease mine after each use) this truly has a FANTASTIC taste.
Just try to set the flame as low as possible, adjust using the knobs but also adjust reducing the actual gas flow from the tank. DO THIS and keep an eye on it… should go well.
Lastly … in case you have not noticed, I do NOT eat like the American Diabetes Ass. (ADA) suggests. I eat a truly diabetes friendly diabetes diet.
That MIGHT be why I have normal blood sugar and I take -0- drugs and insulin, … just might be.
Lower Your Blood Sugar Naturally
If your blood sugars are elevated and you cannot achieve truly normal blood sugars with diet alone…
READ MY BOOK! How to Reduce Blood Sugars.