I have many new visitors to the site… thanks and WELCOME!
I attempt to do a variety of things here … one of them is posting food posts… to give people options. I adhere to a “Very Low Carb Primal” meal plan which has allowed me to successfully self treat my Type 2 Diabetes, while being completely drug and insulin free.
Now… on with the POST!
* Double Click pictures to enlarge… and most of the time, it’s a good idea. :)
1) COOK BACON! … see upper right picture. I only used approximately one thick cut piece (about 2 regular slices) for one cup of ‘Bacon Butter’. When cripy, cut or chop into smaller ‘bits’.
2) Melt Butter, one stick will work well for the first ‘batch’. You can adjust bacon / butter ratios to fit your tastes.
3) Pour into glass / porcelain cup.
4) Add bacon bits and bacon fat!
5) Add a TBS of Coconut Oil and Stir. Place in the freezer until hard.
5) Sit cup into a bowl or pot of hot or warm water. This will melt the bacon butter just enough to slide out. I used a knife to coax it out.
6) Look at the production … in Awe. :) I then placed back into the freezer for just a few moments to allow the Bacon Butter to harden again.
7) Slice and Eat!!! … I had just a couple of slices … it was all I needed to sate me.
8) Add to coffee??
I’ve heard many talk about adding bacon grease and/or bacon to coffee… but I’d never tried it.
I’ve heard some talk about adding butter… and I have tried that. It was ok…but frankly I prefer coconut oil
… my brain began thinking about things to do with these ‘bacon butter’ slices … and I decided to try adding it to coffee.
WINNING! :) It was good! I’ll still stick to Coconut Oil in my coffee on most days… due to the many benefits of Coconut Oil.
However, I will occasionally add ‘bacon butter’ … I do like variety. :)
Bonus? … the bites of bacon in the bottom of the cup after drinking the coffee…
Here is a past article on ‘butter’… I love it. Much of the news today is about Paula Deen and how ‘butter’ gave her diabetes. Nothing could be further from the truth.
It’s not the butter that gave her diabetes … its’ the sugary, high carb, grain based foods she cooks. Flour is made from glutenous wheat… avoid the grains, avoid the sugars and avoid the hudrogenated veggie oils and you will be well on your way to controlling your blood sugars better.
Oh… and both the American Diabetes Ass. (ADA) and the American Ass. of Diabetes Educators will HATE this ‘concoction”!!!
1) Because it’s truly LOW GLYCEMIC .. not like their sugary, grainy treats.
2) Therefore it does not increase the need for drugs nor ‘diabetic services’ from the Medical Industry.
But I LOVE IT!! :)