A post written to encourage diabetics (everyone) to take the, ‘Sugar Free Diabetes Pledge’ this Halloween weekend.
- candy, gluten and sugar have no required nutrients.
- candy, gluten and sugar spike blood sugars, raising inflammation.
There is no valid reason to eat them. They spike blood sugars… so ‘just say no’.
Just say YES!!! To LIVING!! …and say no to addictive glutenous and sugary foods. Take the Sugar Free Diabetes Pledge!
I, (state your name) of reasonably sound mind and body, do solemnly swear to remain candy, gluten and sugar-free throughout the Halloween weekend.
Me? I am candy free… 24×7, 365 days… so it ain’t no big thang for me.
- Before going to a party, trick or treating always leave the house sated, in other words eat before you leave the house.
- make sure you are packing … cheese, pork rinds, boiled eggs, sardines etc.I have been known to bring canned salmon to dinners. :)The ABSOLUTE worst thing you can do is to leave the house hungry! And if you do slip and end up on the road hungry and empty-handed … stop and pick up pork rinds for insurance!
- Alcohol – if you are going to drink… make sure you drink low-carb beers or mixers. Too, if you are going to drink… make sure you have someone to ‘watch your back’. Someone you can trust who will NOT let you start eating candy, cakes, cookies. You certainly do not want to take that ‘friend’ who tries to tempt you to eat cake or candy.
Have FUN this Weekend!
I certainly plan on having fun and I hope YOU do the same.
We can have fun without destroying our diets and without elevating our blood sugars.
THERE IS A BETTER WAY! There is a better way to successfully manage diabetes, the Low Carb Paleo way.
Did you take the Sugar Free Diabetes Pledge? I hope so.
Peace, love and normal blood sugars.