In January 2012, governmental bureaucrats from the North Carolina Board of Dietetics and Nutrition attempted to silence me (Steve Cooksey) with attempts of intimidation and character assassination. The NC board threatened that it could file an injunction and close my website if I did not stop providing advice to diabetics on my website. The claims of practicing nutrition without a license ultimately could have involved fines and jail time.
The board’s actions fueled my resolve and with the help of the Institute for Justice, and the support of MANY online friends, I decided to sue the State of North Carolina. These articles below cover this case that has affected legal precedence and hopefully much more before it’s done.
The case is currently being litigated.
VIDEOS & INTERVIEWS
- Caveman Blogger Fights for Free Speech and Internet Freedom
- Business News – Stossel Goes to College (IJ)
- Fox News – Sheppard Smith
- Paleo Low-Carb Diabetes Blogger Steve Cooksey Being Investigated By NC Dietitians -LLVLC
- New Hampshire Liberty Forum 2013 – Steve Cooksey