I want you to see evidence of harmful diabetes treatment advice. It saddens and infuriates me at the same time.
- Many of these people are ‘leaders’ in the diabetes online community.
- Too often people seemingly brag about their mismanagement of diabetes
The example below and those that follow, provide more evidence, eating a high carb, ADA-style diabetes diet makes managing diabetes exponentially more difficult. Following the diabetes treatment advice of the Medical Industry, is a slow road to pain and suffering.
We will talk about the example above later in the post. For now, just think about this person’s diabetes treatment protocol, and how harmful it is as you read the rest of this post
Evidence of Harmful Diabetes Care
Every Day I see evidence of the harmful advice provided by the American Diabetes Association (ADA) and their ‘sister’ organization the American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE).
EVERY DAMN DAY I see evidence of the pain and suffering they cause. It is why I say…
‘millions suffer while a relative few profit’.
The ‘few’ that profit are Big Pharma, Big Food and the Medical Industry.
Note: All of the pictures used in this post were posted publicly for all to see.
Also, remember I do not want to exceed 120 mg/dl. My fasting goals are 60-90 mg/dl. Here is a post on my Blood Sugar Targets and why.
Example 1 of Harmful Diabetes Treatment Protocols
Just looking at this twitter post is not that ‘telling’. We do know that he is insulin dependent (due to infusion site) and we know that his blood sugar is at 346 mg/dl. By the way, #bgnow is a hashtag used to note blood sugar levels at the time of the twee. I’ve seen this guy post before, I know he is a Type 1 diabetic.
“Time for a correction”? This is the first real evidence of harmful diabetes treatment protocols.
It is WAY past time for a correction, that correction should have been made hours ago. The correction should have been made before going past 100 mg/dl and LONG before 150 mg/dl.
Below is more evidence, he posted his Continuous Glucose Monitor (CGM) screen picture. You may not be able to read the time frame but this shows that his blood sugars continued to rise for three hours, in the afternoon. He had plenty of time to make a correction, ‘in the light of day’.
What information can we glean from this picture about his diabetes protocols?
- This person’s blood sugar didn’t suddenly spike to 346 mg/dl it was a slow, methodical increase. Which supports my earlier comment, the correction should have occurred much earlier.
- The upper range was set at just below 150 mg/dl (the horizontal line in the picture).
- This person’s blood sugar exceeded the upper range limit at approximately 1 pm, the picture was taken at 3:47 pm. We do not know the blood sugar levels before 1 pm but if the trend line was similar, he had even more time to correct prior to reaching 150 mg/dl.
People can disagree at what levels cell and organ damage occur, but I think almost everyone will agree that damage occurs at 140 mg/dl. I think it occurs above normal ranges.
Waiting until 346 mg/dl is a horrible idea. Even if he guesses correctly he’s likely to face the diabetic roller coaster ride that so many ‘carb up and shoot up’ diabetics face, thanks to the ADA and AADE.
Lastly, 346 mg/dl is a truly dangerous level. Ketoacidosis can occur at this blood sugar level, and that is something that no diabetic wants to experience.
Harmful Diabetes Care
This young man seems excited about his blood sugar and he posted a picture of his lunch and blood sugar level! … see the “Super Duper” text on the picture?
Below is the picture attached to this tweet. This makes me sad and angry. :(
- This gentleman started his meal with a blood sugar level of 157 mg/dl … he should be in the 80’s +/-10mg/dl. Before he even starts his lunch he’s already at harmful level of blood sugar. Now, after eating this meal he will have to hope that he ‘guessed’ right on the carb total. And it is a guess.
- No one should be eating the meal in the picture. So many toxic harmful ingredients. But diabetics are taught, ‘diabetics can eat like everyone else’. Such harmful advice. Not pictured, the drink. Who wants to bet it’s a sugary sweet drink?
- I did a quick Google search for a similar meal, a McDonald’s Big-N-Tasty and a large fry. The sandwich was 37 g of carbs and the large fry was 67 grams of carbs … not even counting the drink that’s over 100g of carbs. I wonder if he included the ketchup?
… I am guessing he did not. For the sake of this guy, I sure hope he guessed right but millions guess wrong every day.
Controlling blood sugar is so MUCH easier when eating a truly low carb, low inflammatory meal plan like this one, “Low Carb Paleo“. And even if he guesses right on the number of carbs in the meal, judging by his harmfully high starting blood sugar level… he’ll be causing cell and organ damage 24/7.
More Harmful Diabetes Treatment
Lastly… if my daughter had a blood sugar level of 396 mg/dl , my daughter would be texting this…
Dad and I are on the way to the emergency room.
I would NOT be suggesting that my daughter sleep. As noted above, blood sugars this high can cause ketoacidosis (DKA) a very serious condition… I know from experience.
Harmful Diabetes Care Protocols
I hope that this young lady and these two gentlemen are okay. My heart goes out to all who suffer due to the harmful diabetes treatment protocols promoted by the American Diabetes Association (ADA) and the American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE). A harmful diabetes diet and harmful blood sugar targets cause much pain and suffering.
I also hope that the American Diabetes Association and the American Association of Diabetes Educators will stop promoting a high carb grain based diet!! And that they will begin to promote truly accurate blood sugar level targets!!!
Reduce Your Blood Sugar the Warrior Way
Below is my personal ‘diabetes care’ manual. It is truly diabetes friendly, not Big Food, Big Pharma and Medical Industry friendly. Every person who follows my plan improves blood sugar control. Not coincidentally, each person who follows my diabetes care plan reduces the profits of Big Food, Big Pharma and the Medical Industry.