Truly diabetes friendly muffins… meat muffins. Made with just meat and vegetables. No grains, no nut flours, just meat and veggies.
- Simple, low carb, and diabetes friendly
- Nutritious and delicious!
The key to managing diabetes is what you eat and drink. Exploring, experimenting … and yes, ‘playing’ with your food is a benefit. I love doing all three, in and out of the kitchen.
Like many of my food post topics, meat muffins are very versatile. As you will soon see the key ingredient is bacon, but after that, the rest is up to you. Your favorite meats, eggs, and low carb vegetables are all ‘on the table’, … so to speak.
Meat Muffin Ingredients
What you use is up to you! Mix and match your favorite combinations!
Here’s what I used today.
- Bacon! – 1/2 strip per ‘muffin’.
- 2 cups of Ground Beef
- 1 ½ cups of Mozzarella
- ½ cup of Riced Cauliflower
- Spices – sea salt, black pepper, and Slap Ya Mama cajun shake.
Making Meat Muffins
1. Cook Cauliflower (steam, boil or microwave) and press to remove excess moisture.
2. Rice Cauliflower (or process in food processor).
3. Mix cauliflower with meat and other ingredients and set aside.
4. Stretch the bacon strips slightly, cut them in half and place bacon in the muffin pan slots.
5. Fill in the muffin slots and fold over the bacon.
6. Baked in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 20 mins.
7. Broil for a few minutes on top rack, until tops have desired appearance.
8. Sprinkle with mozzarella and preferred spices.
Slap Ya Mama is my favorite Cajun ‘go to’ spice!
It has great flavor and look at these ingredients! “Salt, Red Pepper, Black Pepper, Garlic”
9. When I started this project I was starving…so I ended up frying some of the meat, bacon and cauliflower combination in my skillet…THAT WORKS TOO!!!
Lower Your Blood Sugar Naturally
If your blood sugars are elevated and you cannot achieve truly normal blood sugars with diet alone…
READ MY BOOK! How to Reduce Blood Sugars.