If you noticed the title of this post… “Diabetes Statistics I” , yes there will be others. There are sooo many statistics to share… This posts highlights the failed nutritional policy of the American Diabetes Association and it’s proponents such as the American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE) which is the “home” of Certified Diabetes Educators.
Before I go any further I want to state unequivocally:
“THE most important thing for a diabetic… Blood Glucose Control”
Maintaining proper blood glucose or blood sugar control means a longer and more fulfilling life…with all your organs in tact.
THE MOST IMPORTANT STATISTIC YOU NEED TO KNOW???
Answer: …. EVERY SINGLE PERSON who adheres to a LOW CARB PRIMAL MEAL PLAN …. every single person reduces drugs and insulin.
That is a 100% success rate at reducing drugs and insulin requirements.
** NOT all wean off drugs and insulin entirely…that depends on many factors. Obviously Type 1 Diabetics will require insulin injections/pumped etc until a cure or alternate systems are developed for delivering insulin.
- Depending on the report 33% or more will be diabetic by the year 2050 in the United States…. very disheartening. And especially the Type 2 Diabetes… so preventable.
- According to the National Institute of Health, approximately 26 % of U.S. adults ages 20 years or older had Impaired Fasting Glucose… 1/4 of the population??? (Their fasting blood sugar was too high)
- In 2007, approximately 1.5 million people were newly diagnosed with diabetes.
- In 2004 … 71,000 Lower Limb Amputations were performed on people with diabetes.That is 71,000 amputations … ALL NEEDLESS … ALL COULD HAVE BEEN PREVENTED!
- About 60 to 70 percent of people with diabetes have mild to severe forms of nervous system damage. …again... 60+% have NEEDLESS NERVE DAMAGE!
- In 2005 hyperglycemic crises caused 2,385 deaths … these are deaths due only to High Blood Sugar including Ketoacidosis. (this is NOT ketosis).
ALL of these numbers above …. are MUCH MORE than just numbers. They represent real people… each is a father, mother, son, daughter, cousin, co-worker or friend. The pain, suffering and death these people deal with … is for the most part preventable and needless. (I know… I faced it and I treat my disease with diet and exercise).
The prevalence of diabetes is INCREASING … why should we listen to the American Diabetes Association (ADA)?
Why should we listen to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA)?
It is obvious that the low fat, high fiber/high carb meal plan is a HORRIBLE FAILURE yet the ADA/FDA continue to promote due to greed or pride…or BOTH.
** I am a Type 2 Diabetes with NORMAL BLOOD SUGAR …
I eat 2-3 meal a day NOT 4-6.
I eat less than 50 grams of carbs PER DAY , NOT 200 grams.
I could go on and on… THE MEAL PLAN OF THE ADA benefits the ADA …and big pharma, Monsanto and other ADA Minions, such as so called “Certified Diabetes Educators”.
STOP the INSANITY …. STOP LISTENING TO THE LEGALIZED DRUG PUSHERS… become a diabetes warrior today!!!
Here is my Diabetes Warrior Info:
My Diabetes Meal Plan ( a true diabetes diet)