If you search the internet you will find MANY sites with a so called “diabetic meal plans”. Some will call themselves “diabetic friendly”… The problem with 99 % of them, they are designed to keep you on ever increasing amounts of drugs and insulin.
MOST are not ‘diabetic friendly”, they are friendly to Monsanto and Large Drug Companies (Big Pharma)
The diabetes meals below are based on my diabetic nutrition chart.
This diabetes meal plan is designed to reduce your drug and insulin requirements and it has been successful for me and many others.
My Diabetes Meal Plan
Pork & Spinach
|Cheese, Shrimp & Sausage|
|Tuesday||Meatwich Egg/Bacon||Bacon Cups||Chili|
|Wednesday||Chili & Eggs||Chili & Fish||Chili & Steak|
|Thursday||Meatwich Bacon, Egg & Cheese||Squash Spaghetti & Sauce||Steak (Add green vegetable)|
|Friday||Steak & Eggs||Florida Avocado||Pepperoni Cauli-Pizza|
|Saturday||Meat Muffins||Chicken Wings||Cheese, Shrimp & Sausage|
|Sunday||Eggs, Greens & Bacon||Tilapia & Spinach||Pork Ribs & Vegetable|
Preferred Snacks: Zero Carbs
(check labels… companies find ways to add carbs)
- Canned Fish – Tuna, Salmon, Sardines (preferably not in vegetable oils)
- Pork Rinds –
yes they are healthy, read this.
- Hard Boiled Eggs – perfect snack food, travels well.
- Coconut Oil
- Cheese – can be inflammatory if dairy intolerant
- Butter – can be inflammatory if dairy intolerant
Snacks: Higher in Carbs
(Caution: Some of these items can be higher in carbohydrate totals)
- Olives – black or green
- Beef Jerky – careful though, some brands have more carbs.
- Nuts – Almonds, Pecans
- Deli Meats
- Vegetables – Celery Sticks, Green Peppers, Broccoli, Cauliflower,
Cucumbers (pickles), Sauerkraut.
- Dark Chocolate
- I typically only eat two meals a day, period. I completed the
meal plan above with three meals since that is the way most people were
taught to eat.
- Occasionally I will eat three meals or two meals with a snack.
- I often cook large “batches” of foods such as my “primal chili” or
pork shoulders or 5 lbs of ground beef etc. For the next 3-4 meals, I will
incorporate these into my meal plan. I tried to apply this to the meals
below, that’s why you will see chili one meal and then chili with fish, eggs
etc the next several meals.
- My typical day is “break-fast” at 10:00 AM and dinner at 6:00 PM.
- Daily calorie range is 2,000 – 3,000.
- Ninety percent of the time I “braise” my meats and vegetables
together in a black cast iron skillet.
For Type 2 Diabetics, controlling diabetes with diet is possible. EVERY
person that follows this meal plan reduces drugs and insulin. Every single
person… many wean off drugs and insulin completely.
I don’t like the terms “diabetes diet plan” or “diabetic diet plan” to
describe this meal plan. Instead, I like to describe this as my “freedom meal
plan”, it keeps me free from drugs and insulin shots.
If all of this seems daunting and overwhelming?
If your blood sugars are elevated and you can not achieve my numbers…
Here is my Diabetes Warrior Info:
My Diabetes Meal Plan ( a true diabetes diet, not like most of those promoted by American Diabetes Association)