I have not posted a Food Journal Summary in awhile… so here is an update on the execution of my low carb food pyramid.
Instead of ranting against the American Diabetes Association or their Minions … a brief repose from ADA basing…. *ha* :)
I log every thing I eat into the fitday.com food journal, it’s relatively quick, easy ….and it’s free. I do log wine, or any other carb containing drink, but I do not log water, tea nor coffee.
** If you are struggling with weight loss, diabetes, blood glucose control or health in general… I STRONGLY urge you to maintain a food journal for at least a week or two.
Below is a summary of my food journal since 7/1/10.
– I weighed 164 lbs this morning…. my weight has remained in the 160’s for almost a year.
– I exercise at least 5 days a week…so I am maintaining my energy levels.
– My Blood Glucose has remained in the normal ranges…normal for non-diabetics. :)
– I do not eat the “carb up and shoot up” high carb, low fat meal plan of the FDA / ADA. Click here for my meal plan.
Observations – these are mine… what are yours? :)
– 59 % of calories from FAT!!! … keep in mind I do NOT eat hydrogenated vegetable oils… only animal or plant fat. The only plant fats I eat are coconut oil and virgin olive oil.
– 61+ grams of saturated fats... AND I LIVE!!! *ha* … studies are coming out seemingly weekly showing that SATURATED FATs do not cause heart disease.
– Polyunsaturated Fats are low… both in grams and in percentage… that’s by design!
– Protein Grams are higher recently but as long as Blood Glucose does not rise … I am fine with it.
– Carbohydrates… *haha* … sub 9 grams per day since JULY 1st!!!! Woot!!
– Interesting note about carbs… per ADA Minions… I should not have the brain capacity to write this post… but I do. Hmmmm.
Reminder, you can see my daily food journal here…. Click Here for mine
Take care and GO PRIMAL!!!