You as THE leading diabetes organization in the world have a unique opportunity to help MILLIONS, perhaps BILLIONS of people.
This post discusses that article.
What would be the causes you’d list for diabetes? Below are mine.
- Excessive carbohydrate consumption (this includes sugars obviously). Excessive carbohydrates raise blood sugars, elevated blood sugars lead to an increase in insulin levels which leads to insulin resistance.
- High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS) consumption – yes, I know it’s a sugar but it deserves it’s own listing in my opinion. The explosion of the use of this man-made sugar is seemingly in every processed food.
- Inflammatory Consumables including Wheat (Gluten) and Dairy. Both elevate blood sugars but both are inflammatory to many in addition to the carbohydrates and I believe that inflammation is an underlying problem.
- Vitamin D3 Deficiency is contributory.
- Low Fat, Low Cholesterol consumption – our bodies (including our brains) require fat and cholesterol for optimum health.
- Other: Chronic lack of sleep, lack of midday sunlight and environmental inflammation.
What does NOT CAUSE Diabetes
- Genetics – genetics play a role but are NOT the cause. Blaming it on the “genes” removes personal responsibility and condemns millions to a slow but sure death, after years of cell, nerve and organ damage. I do believe that genes play a role, as some are more genetically predisposed to diabetes, but we can NOT blame genetics for diabetes.From birth, if people ate a low carb, high fat, paleo meal plan while obtaining optimal levels of D3 … diabetes would all but disappear.
The article I mentioned above from an ADA Minion site, “The Causes of Diabetes” lists possible causes of diabetes.
Not surprising given the financial support contributed to the American Diabetes Ass., by Big Pharma, Big Food and the Sugar Lobby, none of the reasons I gave were mentioned, not even once.
…..these words were not mentioned ONCE!
HOW CAN you have a serious discussion about the causes of Diabetes and NOT discuss sugar, carbs or grains????
Answer? $$$$$$, specifically I’m talking about contributions by Big Food, Big Pharma and the Medical Industry. Here’s a post I wrote about the $31 Million donations from 2012.
I successfully self-treat my diabetes with a low carb, high fat, paleo-style meal plan. I play outside in sunlight when I can… typically barefoot and shirtless.
AND I THRIVE!!!