I made a dinner the other night revolving around ‘yardbirds’ and it was so TASTY I just wanted to share with you the pictures and the “how to’s”. :)
Any ONE of these is worthy on an entire meal…. but together… it was scrumptious!
2) Chicken Livers fried in Bacon – “how to” is below. (if you do not like Chicken Livers…substitute ANY meat).
3) Homemade Guacamole – “How to” is below.
4) Egg Drop Soup made with Bone Broth – I devoted a blog post to making Bone Broth Soup, the Egg Drop portion is near the end of the post. Click Here
Here is the picture of the finished product (except for the Bone Broth Egg Drop Soup which is later in the post)
AS ALWAYS…CLICK ON THE PICTURE TO ENLARGE.
Here is a picture of the Chicken Wings… up close. Here again is a VERY SIMPLE recipe. These can be started first and the other dishes can be prepared while these cook in the oven.
Below is a picture of the Chicken Livers. IF YOU DO NOT LIKE CHICKEN LIVERS… simply substitute your favorite meat. This works great for chicken, beef, pork, fish… literally any veggie or ‘meat’.
Step 1 – add bacon to the bottom of your pan or skillet, less ‘sticking’ if you cover the pan in bacon.
Step 2 – Add chicken livers on top of the bacon and let cook for 10 minutes on medium heat. I cover the skillet so moisture stays contained. Add any spices you like at this point. I only added Tony Chachere’s and Texas Pete to his batch. The Bacon was ‘thick cut peppered’ so no need to add black pepper.
Step 3 – Flip the livers (or meat of your choice) trying to leave the bacon on the bottom of the skillet. Cook for an additional 10 minutes.
Step 4 – Cut the livers in half and make sure they are fully cooked.
That is all there is to it! … so simple and EASY! :)
Home Made Guacamole… (pic below) thanks to several people including Lily Pink and others… Homemade Guacamole is NOW my favorite side dish. It’s low net carbs and is full of good fats with a little protein for good measure. :)
1) Take an avocado and ‘mash’ it up in a bowl, I used a fork. You will want to make sure the avocado is ‘soft’ when squeezed.
2) Add 1-2 cloves (to taste) of Garlic.
3) Add 2 TBS of Coconut Oil or Olive Oil.
4) Add 1/2 of lime, squeezed (lemon works too)
5) Add Spices… I loved adding Cilantro, Texas Pete (a cap full) and Tony Chachere’s to taste.
6) ADD two tables spoons of Sour Cream (Optional but adds creaminess)
Mix all ingredients well and cool in the refridgerator until meal is ready.
Lastly here is a picture of the Egg Drop Soup! … the recipe is near the bottom of the page, click HERE! I added pan drippings from the chicken wings and the chicken livers to Bone Broth…. OMG it was so good!!!
This meal is VERY nutritious, filling and LOW CARB PRIMAL!!!
I strongly urge you to stop eating the “Standard American Diet” … as well as any meal plan promoted by the American Diabetes Association or it’s minion the American Association of Diabetes Educators.
Their meal plans are designed to keep you on more and more drugs and insulin….
Here is my Diabetes Warrior Info:
My Diabetes Nutritional Chart
My Diabetes Meal Plan ( a true diabetes diet, not like most of those promoted by American Diabetes Association)